Welcome to Parkway Elementary!
Mrs. Donna Kinn
Parkway School is home to 415 students in Grades K through 4, and 61 staff members. An NCLB Blue Ribbon School, we offer students a safe, positive and healthy learning environment in which to grow both socially, emotionally, and academically.
Through Mount Laurel School District and school level goals, our school has experienced increased public involvement in many areas that shape the district mission to provide an exemplary education to each child. Integrated with the best current instructional practices and opportunities, that planning builds a neighborhood school framework that is uniquely reflective of the community it serves.
One of the special things at Parkway School is The Circle of Giving, an exceptional all-school volunteer program that teaches us all the gift of giving and sharing to help others.
Mount Laurel's Board of Education is conducting a search for a permanent Superintendent to replace Dr. Antoinette Rath, who retired effective September 1, 2015. Dr. Sharon Vitella is currently serving as Interim Superintendent in addition to her role of overseeing our district's Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment. Details and progress updates on the status of the search may be found on our Superintendent Search page. As part of the process, staff and community input is sought via survey. Survey responses go directly to the New Jersey School Boards Association, which is facilitating the search process with the board.
- All School Assignment Letters have been sent home via e-mail. If you did not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Student Schedules will be distributed on the first day of school at Hartford and Harrington. The Power School Parent Portal will open on the same day so that parents may access student records.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal is now open. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at any time.
Here's more information.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Grades 1-4: 9:00 a.m.-3:25 p.m.
Kindergarten A.M.: 9:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
Kindergarten P.M.: 12:55 p.m.-3:25 p.m.
Early Dismissal Grades 1-4: 1:00 p.m.
* On Early Dismissal Days, P.M. Kindergarten begins at 10:30 a.m. and dismisses at 1:00 p.m.
Parkway School's Anti-Bullying Specialist is Jessica Tisa,
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.